Hiring Now: Programs Manager
2021 Annual General Meeting Notice
Hepatitis Queensland's Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place online on Monday 25th October 2021,…Read Article
Team Spotlight: Rachael - Project Officer
Introducing the newest member of the Hepatitis Queensland team - Rachael. Rachael has recently come…Read Article
Team Spotlight: Winnie - Project Officer
Each month we’re featuring a member of the Hepatitis Queensland team so you can get…Read Article
Are you innovative and energetic with a passion for making a difference? Hepatitis Queensland is looking for a full-time Programs Manager to lead the design, implementation and evaluation of hepatitis projects across Queensland.
Success as our Programs Manager requires you to think creatively to design innovative programs while maintaining oversight of all project deliverables. If you’re passionate about developing innovative projects, leading a high-performing team and improving liver health for all Queenslanders, we want to hear from you.
Hepatitis Queensland is the peak body for the hepatitis and liver health sector in Queensland. We are a community based, non-government organization providing a range of initiatives, projects and programs to address stigma, improve the lives of those affected by viral hepatitis and meet emerging liver health challenges. We acknowledge the diversity of the people and communities whose lives may be affected and represent their interests in the work we do.
About the role
The Programs Manager leads project management within the organisation, including the design, implementation and evaluation of all programs. Specifically, the Programs Manager will work closely with the CEO to set and manage operational budgets, contribute to the development of strategic plans, and identify and pursue business development opportunities. The Programs Manager is responsible for supervising and motivating program staff as well as coordinating reporting.
What we are looking for
We value your experience in the health and community services sector and, more specifically, the hepatitis or liver health sector. Understanding person centred care and the perspectives health consumers bring is essential to this role. Your excellent project management, interpersonal communication, writing and stakeholder engagement skills are integral to the deliverables of this position. Your knowledge of consumer and community engagement, adult learning and business development will enable you to effectively deliver the activities within this role.
What you’ll bring
- Experience working independently in project management roles in the health and/or community services sector and/or the hepatitis or liver health sector;
- A dynamic and versatile personality with a flair for innovation and a meticulous approach to problem solving;
- Motivation and enthusiasm with a strong sense of personal accountability and resilience;
- Demonstrated ability to operate under limited direction from management and undertake a range of functions for which operational policies, practices and guidelines may need to be developed;
- Experience in communicating effectively both internally and externally and managing stakeholder and funder relationships with a focus on business development;
- A relevant degree with substantial experience or; a relevant post graduate qualification or; an associate diploma with substantial experience or; substantial experience, expertise and competence sufficient to perform duties required.
- A valid QLD Drivers’ Licence, ability to obtain a Criminal History Check (QLD only), and Working with Children Check – Blue Card.
This role is full time contracted until 30th June 2022, with annual extensions possible. Salary packaging and flexible working arrangements are available.
Hepatitis Queensland embraces diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from appropriately qualified and skilled people from a range of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island heritage.
To apply for the role or to request a copy of the full position description, contact Katelin Haynes at email@example.com or 07 3846 0020.
Applicants are expected to submit a CV and cover letter outlining their suitability for the role based on the above.
Applications close COB Monday 29th March 2021.