World Hepatitis Day
Join us in the fight to eliminate hepatitis
World Hepatitis Day 2021 SWITCH Grants
For World Hepatitis Day 2021, Hepatitis Queensland is providing grants of up to $3000, $500 and $100 to organisations and groups to think outside the box and deliver innovative online activities or face-to-face events and reach communities safely. You know what your communities need and how to reach out to them locally.
The theme for this year “Get Liver Smart” encourages communities to prioritise their liver health this July by making a simple visit to their GP and asking for a hepatitis and liver health check.
World Hepatitis Day 2020 Highlights
Once again World Hepatitis Day was celebrated far and wide with an overwhelming response from the Queensland community in the fight to eliminate hepatitis. While we may be living in unprecedented times with changes to the way we interact with each other, it’s clear from the incredible support shown by service providers and the community – we can do this!
- 100,000 Queensland Health (QH) staff received a World Hepatitis Day message from the QH Director-General
- 74,000 people watched our new liver health animation
- 1600 received Queensland Deputy Premier and Minister for Health Steven Miles’s World Hepatitis Day video launch
- 276 radio ads were broadcast across 98.9FM
- 26 medical practices held World Hepatitis Day celebrations
- 24 Queensland landmarks were lit up green
- 9 service providers received SWITCH Grants
- 3 radio interviews