Hep C treatment has changed poster (For correctional centres)
Posted 18 September, 2020
Hep C treatment has changed!
Hepatitis C is…
Easy to get
You get hep C from blood-to-blood contact. Don’t share:
- Tattoo guns and ink
- Hair clippers
- Toothbrushes and razors
Easy to test
Put in a request form to Medical
- The nurse will do a blood test and get you ready for treatment
Easy to treat
- Tablets for 8 to 12 weeks
- Take your tablets everyday
- NO injections!
- 95% chance of being cured
- Doesn’t make you sick
- Treatment is available in prison and in the community.
Started treatment but getting released?
- Talk to the hep C nurse as soon as you know
- You will get your meds to take home