National Superhero Day
Team Spotlight: Vy - Project Support Officer
Introducing the newest member of the Hepatitis Queensland team - Vy Ngo-Ha, our Project Support…Read Article
Hepatitis Queensland CEO Departs
After two and a half years as Chief Executive Officer of Hepatitis Queensland, Katelin Haynes…Read Article
2021 Annual General Meeting Notice
Hepatitis Queensland's Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place online on Monday 25th October 2021,…Read Article
Each year on April 28th, National Superhero Day brings people together to celebrate all their favourite superheroes.
We took a quick poll at Hepatitis Queensland to find out everyone’s favourite superhero.
Katelin (CEO): Lovely Lady Locks
Sam (Programs Manager): Iron Man
Winnie (Project Officer): Groot
Jeanette (Community Nurse): Spider-Man
Jessie (Digital Communications Officer): She-Ra, Princess of Power
The Liver Hero
While you would recognise many of these fictional superheroes, there are real-life heroes who we think should also be recognised.
The liver is an often under-appreciated hero working hard to keep your body functioning. Not only is it the largest organ inside your body, it also performs over 500 functions, such as:
- Filtering the good stuff that your body can use, and getting rid of the things that are of no use or are harmful (alcohol, toxins etc),
- Making and storing vitamins and minerals,
- Assisting in hormone production which helps to regulate our mental health
- Regulating your energy levels by storing and releasing sugars
- Producing the building blocks your body needs to make cells.
The best way to look after the hero inside, is to:
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Exercise regularly
- Use alcohol responsibly
- Ask your GP for a liver check and hepatitis test.
For support and information on keeping your liver healthy, phone the Hepatitis Queensland InfoLine on 1800 437 222 or contact us online.