At Hepatitis Queensland we want all Queenslanders to enjoy the benefits of a healthy liver and ensure everyone has access to appropriate medical treatment, up to date and accurate health information and opportunities to learn and understand how to manage their own wellbeing.
As a not-for-profit organisation we rely on a mix of funding sources, including donations from the community to deliver and enhance the services we provide free-of-charge to Queenslanders.
Your generosity can support us to achieve our objectives of:
- Providing information and support through our free Infoline.
- Reducing barriers to testing and treatment by addressing stigma and discrimination
- Delivering projects that drive change in our communities.
- Empowering and educating through digital content and resources.
- Upskilling the workforce to support the needs and challenges of those living with viral hepatitis.
- Providing ground-breaking outreach programs to test, treat or educate people with viral hepatitis and fatty liver disease.
- Influencing public policies, attitudes and behaviours related to hepatitis and liver health.
We are currently developing our community Liver Smart Clinics to assist GPs in the diagnosis and management of patients affected by liver conditions such as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, hepatitis C and hepatitis B.
A donation of $50 provides a Fibroscan for one person and may identify a condition that, caught early, can be treated (and cured) or managed throughout life, avoiding future complications like cirrhosis or liver cancer.
Help us to help ALL Queenslanders to be Liver Smart!
Hepatitis Queensland is a registered charity and endorsed as a deductible gift recipient by the Australian Tax Office, so your donation is tax deductible.