B Stronger: Conference Scholarships
B Stronger: Grants Program
Hepatitis Queensland is offering grants up to $500 and $2000 Hepatitis Queensland wants to support…Read Article
SWITCH Grants Now Open
Shape World Hepatitis Day 2021 within your community The SWITCH grants program supports organisations during…Read Article
Nurse Navigator Adds Another String To Her Bow
Arming herself with up-to-date information on viral hepatitis has given Nurse Navigator Louise Weller more…Read Article
Viral Hepatitis Conference Scholarship
Why should I attend?
The Conference theme is “Progress towards hepatitis elimination targets: Taking stock and innovating for the future”.
Attending the conference will allow you to listen to global and local perspectives on making changes to the lives of people living with hepatitis and implement change in your health service as Australia strives towards elimination.
For more information visit the Viral Hepatitis Conference website.
How do I attend?
This year’s format is different from past conferences to ensure the safety of all people who attend. The conference will be a hub model this year, which means that all three days will be live-streamed, with the first day being held face-to-face in Brisbane and the second and third days being held in face-to-face in Sydney.
What expectations are there if I am awarded a scholarship?
- You will be expected to attend all three days of the conference
- To work with Hepatitis Queensland to create a short piece about your experience, favourite session, or key learning that will be included in the Hepatitis Queensland Newsletter one month after the conference; this may be in the form of a written or filmed piece.
What will the scholarship fund?
- Full conference registration for three days
- Day registration for day one of the conference in Brisbane
Travel and accommodation costs will not be funded by Hepatitis Queensland. If you live in Brisbane, you are encouraged to attend the Brisbane hub day and the other two days virtually. If you live outside of the Brisbane region, you can attend all three days virtually.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers and those working in non-clinical roles who are supporting people living with chronic hepatitis B, or in liaison roles
- Unfortunately, these scholarships are not open to those in clinical roles. It is expected that scholarships for staff in clinical roles will be available through ASHM. See www.ashm.org.au for more information
How do I apply?
Applicants are asked to provide a short response (100 to 200 words) to each of the following criteria:
- How will your attendance at the conference strengthen your current or future work practice?
- How will you share your learnings and experiences gained at the conference with your work colleagues and the wider community you work with?
What is the closing date for applications?
Applications need to be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, 7 May 2021.
When will I find out if I have been successful?
- Successful applicants will be notified by email by Tuesday, 11 May 2021
Who do I contact for more information?
B Stronger Project Officer
07 3846 0020
- Hepatitis Queensland will pay the registration directly to the Conference Organisers
- Successful applicants must ensure that they able to attend all three days before accepting the scholarship; this includes approval from their line manager in writing
- Scholarships are not transferable to other people