SWITCH Grants Now Open
Queensland SWITCHes it up for World Hepatitis Day
Every year, July 28 is recognised globally as World Hepatitis Day, bringing people together to…Read Article
2021 Annual General Meeting Notice
Hepatitis Queensland's Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place online on Monday 25th October 2021,…Read Article
2020 Annual General Meeting Notice
This year’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) for Hepatitis Queensland will be held a little differently…Read Article
Shape World Hepatitis Day 2021 within your community
The SWITCH grants program supports organisations during World Hepatitis Day that are making a difference in their local areas through projects, activities, or events that help their communities thrive.
For World Hepatitis Day 2021, Hepatitis Queensland is providing grants of up to $3000, $500 and $100 to organisations and groups to think outside the box and deliver innovative online activities or face-to-face events while reaching communities safely.
The theme for this year, “Get Liver Smart” encourages communities to prioritise their liver health this July by making a simple visit to their GP and asking for a hepatitis and liver health check.
Why apply for the grants?
We urgently need to test and treat for hep C in Queensland because:
- The rate of hepatitis C testing in Queensland has rebounded to only 85% of 2019 levels
- There are 28 000 people still living with hepatitis C in Queensland, many remain undiagnosed and are missing out on life-saving treatments
- Stigma is preventing many who are aware of their infection from getting tested
- These people are at serious risk of cancer or liver disease caused by hepatitis C
- A 50% increase in testing is needed for Australia to achieve its WHO elimination targets.
How to Apply?
We encourage you to be creative and keep in mind the safety of your community when you are submitting your applications.
Tuesday 6th April 2021 – Applications open
Tuesday 4th May 2021 – Closing dates for applications
Monday 31st May 2021– Grant outcome notification
Wednesday 28th July 2021 – World Hepatitis Day
If you need assistance or require any further information, please contact Winnie Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3846 0020.