Viral Hepatitis Webinar: HBV/HCV Co-infection Case Discussion
15 May, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This case study webinar will outline the appropriate screening, treatment and management considerations for a patient with HBV/HCV co-infection.
This one-hour case study webinar, presented by Dr Andrew Redmond (Infectious Diseases Physician, RBWH) is targeted towards health professionals who see patients with HCV and HBV and have some prior knowledge of viral hepatitis management.
For more information, please click here to download the Course Flyer
Approximately 5% of Australians living with CHB are estimated to have HCV co-infection and patients with co-infection experience more severe liver disease progression and mortality rates compared to those with mono-infection.
- Screen all patients with viral hepatitis for HBV and HCV and implement appropriate follow up of results
- Discuss the benefits of new HCV treatments and identify which patients with CHB require treatment
- Describe the initial assessment required for patients with HBV/HCV co-infection
- Describe key management, monitoring and treatment considerations for patients with HBV/HCV co-infection
- Discuss the risk of HBV reactivation during HCV direct acting antiviral treatment